Thursday, March 19, 2009

First Sink Bath!

I can't believe he's never gotten one before, but today, Sebastian had his first bath in the sink! Well, when he was tiny, his baby bathtub fit in the sink, but that doesn't count. This time, we just filled our wonderfully deep new sink with a few inches of water, plunked the kid in, and commenced with the cleaning. Sebastian seemed to really like it, and it was much easier on my back than crouching over the tub.

We decided to give it a try because we're still in the process of re-grouting both of our bathtubs and only have a shower right now. And let me tell you, juggling a wet, soapy, squirmy kid in a very small shower is not the easiest thing in the world! Today was nice, because Ken got home early, and got to help out with bathtime. The faucet head comes off and can be used as a sprayer, too, so it worked really well for rinsing. Hooray for new kitchens!

In any case, there was much fun to be had. Here are some pictures (you KNOW I documented it!):

"Wait a minute, what is this foolishness? I am not a dish! Let me out!"

"Ok, I guess it isn't so bad! (By the way, check out my cute teeth.)"

"Now I will sit and look pensive about the dirt I have lost."

"Whee, now I will splash and get water EVERYWHERE!"

"Ok, I'm done now. I'll just climb out on my own, k?"

All in all, a successful endeavor. We ended up with a clean baby, no sore backs, and a cleaner kitchen because we had to wipe up all the splashing! :) Methinks more sink baths will be in Sebastian's future.

No comments:

Post a Comment